CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

50's Day, Family Fun Night, Art Expo - October 25

Ella and her friend, Abby

Ella in her 50's day outfit

Ella in front of the school

Ella and her 5th grade school class
I tried to convince Ella to wear a poodle skirt.  We had one we could have borrowed that was even green, that Kaitlyn wore in 5th grade for 50's day, but Ella wanted to wear leggings instead.  I asked her, "what if every other girl in 5th grade is wearing a skirt except for you?  will you be okay with that?"  She said she didn't care.  I kept hearing "what if everyone else was jumping off the cliff, and you don't - are you okay with that?"  But this is a SKIRT!  She won't wear one except for Sunday, and especially a poofy poodle skirt -way out of her element.   So she was probably the most comfortable girl all day!  :)  They had a fun filled day of bubble gum sculptures, hula hoop contests and a sock hop.  Plus they had In 'N Out bring in lunch!






 I have worked with the Reflections program since we moved to California.  This is my second school year as the chairperson at the elementary school.  I learned after school had already started that our district was going to do their own thing and not participate in the National Reflections PTA program.  SO I had to recreate many timelines, protocols and files.  But we pulled off a showcase of the students artwork and coincided it with the "family fun night" that took place in the evening.  We had a nice "unveiling" with the parting of the curtains and everyone was able to come up and look at all the students entries.  My friend and I spend a total of 8 hours each preparing for this exhibit, and it only took me 45 minutes to take it all down!  But we got a lot of positive feedback from parents, so hopefully they will continue to showcase the artwork in the future.

0 comments: